Updated: 06/02/2020 by Computer Hope
If you’ve ever printed something, and for one reason or another, the printer stops printing, you can access the print queue to either restart or cancel the job. Select a link below and follow the steps to learn how to view the print queue on your computer or mobile device.
Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Press the Windows key.
- On the Start screen for Windows 8, or in the Windows search box for Windows 10, type print.
- In the search results, click Printers & scanners.
- In the Printers & scanners window, find the printer for which you want to view the queue, and then select it.
- Click the Open queue button.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Click on the Start Orb. The Windows search box appears right above the Start Orb.
- In the search box, type print, and click the Devices and printers entry in the search results.
- In the pop-up menu, find the printer for which you want to view the queue. Right-click on the printer and select See what’s printing.
- Open the Apple Menu and select System preferences.
- Click the Printers & Scanners option.
- Find the printer for which you want to view the queue and click Open Print Queue.
iPhone or iPad
To access the print queue on an iPhone or iPad, you must have printed your document from this device by selecting Print in your web browser, and selecting a printer on your Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the home screen by pressing the home button or using the home gesture.
- Open multitasking by double tapping the home button (pre-iPhone X) or using the multitasking gesture. (iPhone X or newer)
- Select the Print Center app.
From here, you can edit your printer settings, or cancel the ongoing print.