Updated: 03/01/2018 by Computer Hope
Google provides its users with several free software programs such as Docs, Sheets, and Slides via Google Drive. Many of those who use Google’s services prefer a language other than the default for their region. To learn how to add and switch between languages in Google Drive, follow the steps below.
Note: Changing the default language in Drive also changes the language in its encompassed software programs (e.g.Google Docs and Slides).
Changing the default language in Google Drive
- Open Google Drive. If prompted, log into your Google account.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, click the icon and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- On the left side of the window that appears, ensure that the General tab is selected.
- Select Change language settings under the Language section.
- In the window that appears, click .
- Once you’ve found your preferred language, click .
- Back on the Languages screen, click the up arrow next to your newly selected language until you see it at the very top under Default language.
- How to change the default language of an Internet browser.
- How to change the language in Windows.
- Google Drive help and support.
- See our Google Drive definition for further information and related links.