Updated: 06/30/2020 by Computer Hope
YouTube videos, when published, are visible to the entire world by default. However, there are three video visibility options: Public (default), Unlisted (only viewable by those with a link), and Private (only visible to the creator).
Below are steps for changing an uploaded video to one of these three visibility settings.
How to change the visibility
- Go to the YouTube website, and click in the upper-right corner (if you’re not already signed in to your YouTube account).
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, click your profile image.
- In the menu, click YouTube Studio.
- On the left side of the screen, click the Videos tab.
- In the Uploads section, locate the video that you want to change its visibility.
- Under the Visibility tab in the center of the screen, click the small arrow to access the drop-down menu.
- Select the Private, Public, or Unlisted option.
- Select Publish to save your visibility changes.