Updated: 11/10/2017 by Computer Hope
Adding sound to a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation can be useful in making make a presentation more interesting and engaging. PowerPoint supports all common types of sound files including MP3, WAV, FLAC, MIDI, and WMA.
To insert a sound file to a PowerPoint slide, follow the steps below.
- Open the PowerPoint presentation.
- Click on the Insert tab.
- In the Media section on the Ribbon bar, click the Audio icon.
Note: The Media section on the Insert tab is most often located on the far right side, and not next to the Images section as shown in the picture above.
- In the drop-down menu that opens, select the Audio on My PC option.
- In the Insert Audio window, find and select the sound file you want to insert on the PowerPoint slide, then click OK.
- After the sound file is inserted, an icon that looks like a speaker with sound coming out of it is shown on the slide. You can move the sound icon to another location on the slide.
Repeat the above steps to insert sound files on additional PowerPoint slides, as desired.