Updated: 05/19/2017 by Computer Hope
All computer monitors have a power button located somewhere near the front of the monitor. The power button is often indicated by a power icon, like the icon pictured to the right.
To turn off the monitor, first look for the power button in the following locations on the monitor.
- Front of monitor, just below the screen, commonly on the bottom right corner.
- On the bottom of the monitor in the right-hand corner.
- On the bottom right-hand side of the monitor.
- Top or bottom edge of monitor, commonly on the top left or bottom right side.
- Left or right side edge of monitor.
Once you find the power button, press the button to turn off the monitor. Sometimes, you may need to press and hold the power button for 2 or 3 seconds to power off the monitor.