Most Apple aficionados are well-acquainted with iMovie – the simple yet powerful movie-making app that is part of Mac’s OS X. However if you were hoping to be able to use it on a Windows PC you’ll be sorely disappointed, as iMovie does not support Windows – nor are there any plans on that front.
In short if you’re an iMovie fan you’re going to need to find an alternative to iMovie so that you can edit your videos on a Windows PC. While there are many video editors available for Windows, the one that most closely mirrors iMovie is definitely Movavi Video Editor.
Intuitive Video Editing
A big part of the reason why Movavi Video Editor is a great alternative to iMovie is the fact that it too has an intuitive approach to video editing. Everything about it is designed to be simple and easy to use – including its user interface and features.
Simply put just like you don’t need any experience to use iMovie, the same can be said of Movavi Video Editor. In fact all you do need is to spend a few minutes experimenting with its features and you’ll be able to familiarize yourself with them.
In addition to being easy to use, Movavi Video Editor does is also comparable to iMovie in terms of the powerful features that it packs under its hood. As a comprehensive video editor it is capable of performing any of the tasks that iMovie can, including:
- Applying numerous different types of special effects and artistic filters to alter the visual style of videos.
- Adding stylish animated transitions between video segments so that they flow seamlessly.
- Including audio tracks containing background music or a voiceover.
- Transforming the audio with special audio effects and by adjusting the sound levels.
- Cutting and joining video segments to remove unwanted parts, merge clips together, or rearrange their sequence.
- Inserting customizable titles to act as captions, watermarks or subtitles.
As you can see Movavi Video Editor covers pretty much every area you may require when editing your videos. In fact when you’re done and wish to save your video you can even select any format or use the presets available to optimize it for a variety of different devices or platforms.
To sum it up Movavi Video Editor is as close as you’re going to get to a version of iMovie for PC. Seeing as it has the same user-friendly and intuitive approach as well as similarly comprehensive features, you will find that it is the perfect substitute. In fact once you try Movavi Video Editor out, you may even prefer certain aspects or some of the features it contains.