Thursday 30th March 2017 by Vane Núñez in Mobile Accessories.
Samsung has unveiled their new flagship smartphones (Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus) at its “Unpacked 2017″ event yesterday in New York. The new device has some new interesting features detailed here:
– 5.8in / 6.2in QHD+ Super AMOLED curved display (570ppi / 529ppi)
– 149x 68x8mm, 155g / 160x73x8.1 mm, 173g
– Android 7.0 Nougat with Samsung Experience
– IP68 certification
– Fingerprint sensor (on rear) and iris scanner (on front)
– Integrated heart rate sensor
– Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chip (US), Exynos 9 (international)
– 4GB RAM (6GB in China and Korea)
– 3,000mAh / 3,500mAh battery
– 12MP main camera / 8MP front-facing camera
– Bixby AI assistant with dedicated button
– 3.5mm headphone jack
– USB-C charging
– 64GB storage with microSD (up to 256GB)
– Optional Samsung DeX HDMI dock for desktop mode
– Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
– Black Sky, Orchid Grey and Arctic Silver colour options.
In terms of color options, the S8 and S8 Plus will come in Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, and Arctic Silver. Samsung also confirmed a Coral Blue color for the handsets, but we’re not sure which regions it’s going to or when. Whichever color you end up choosing, though, all Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus models will feature a unified front with a black bezel.
The Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are slated for a global release on Friday, April 21. Samsung is taking pre-orders for both devices starting today, March 30 in the U.S., with most carriers offering the Galaxy S8 for $750 and the Galaxy S8 Plus for $850 aprox.
If you need accessories for both models, check our website:
You can follow all comments on New Samsung Galaxy S8 And S8 Plus are here! by subscribing to the RSS Feed.