Updated: 06/30/2020 by Computer Hope
YouTube offers many customization options to its users. They vary from privacy settings to profile pictures, to a custom channel description, or even adding channel art. While many users like alerts from their channel or channels they are subscribed, others prefer to keep notifications to a minimum.
To adjust the notification settings on your YouTube account, follow these steps.
Changing notification settings
- Go to the YouTube website and click in the upper-right corner (if you’re not already signed in to your YouTube account).
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, click the Notifications icon.
- In the top-right corner of the window that appears, click the icon.
- You should now see a list of toggle switches for your notifications preferences.
- Make your selections for the General notifications settings.
- Then, scroll down and adjust the toggle switches for e-mail notifications.
- When you’re finished, you can click the button in the upper-left corner of the browser window to return to the home page.
- How to create a YouTube account.
- How do I add or change a YouTube profile picture?
- How to add or change a thumbnail on a YouTube video.
- How to add a subscribe button to YouTube videos.
- See the YouTube definition for further information and related links.
- YouTube help and support.