Updated: 08/31/2020 by Computer Hope
If you’ve uploaded a video to YouTube and realized its contents might not be suitable for all viewers, you can apply age restrictions. Doing so ensures that it’s only viewed by the appropriate audience. To learn how to set or change age restrictions for a video on YouTube, follow the steps below.
Change age restrictions on a YouTube video you uploaded
- Go to the YouTube website, and click in the upper-right corner (if you’re not already signed in to your YouTube account).
- In the top-right corner, click your profile icon.
- In the menu that appears, select Your channel.
- Near the middle of the screen, click VIDEOS.
- Select the video you need to edit.
- Beneath the video description, click EDIT VIDEO.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the Audience section.
- Select Yes, it’s made for kids or No, it’s not made for kids.
- If the video isn’t made to be viewed by children, click the down arrow next to Age Restriction (advanced), and select the Yes, restrict my video to viewers over 18 option.
- Click SAVE to save the changes to the video settings.