Updated: 06/06/2021 by Computer Hope
With any online service that requires an account, security is important. Discord is no exception. To keep your account safe, it’s a good idea to periodically change your password to a unique strong password. To learn how to change your password on Discord, follow the steps below.
How to change your Discord password
- Open the Discord program or navigate to the Discord website.
- If you access Discord through the website, click the Open Discord button.
- In the lower-left corner of the screen, you’ll see a section with your username. Click the gear icon.
- On the next screen, on the left side under User Settings, select My Account if not already selected.
- In the middle of the My Account screen, under the Password and Authentication section, click the Change Password button.
- In the prompt that appears, type your current password (A), type a new password (B), and then click the Done button (C).