Updated: 06/06/2021 by Computer Hope
Discord is an excellent chat service with many uses. One use is the ability to start a voice or video call with other users. To learn how to start a call in Discord, follow the steps below.
How to start a voice or video call on Discord
- Open the Discord program or navigate to the Discord website.
- If you access Discord through the website, click the Open Discord button.
- In the top-left corner of the screen, click the Discord Home button, and then click Friends.
- Locate the user that you want to call. Click the kebab menu to the far-right of their name.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu that appears.
In steps 4 and 5 above, you can also right-click their username and select Call in the drop-down menu to start a voice call. Any time during the voice call, you can enable your webcam in Discord to switch to a video call.